These profiles below are available for download and are only configured for KAY3D's CoreXY Conversion Kit.
If you have another machine, you may need to define and make certain changes in the settings.
Before downloading Print Profiles, be sure that your Cura has KAY3D CoreXY's machine's settings integrated into it. You may have to set a custom printer as of now using the following settings. We are currently working closely with Ultimaker Cura to have all KAY3D Labs's Printer profiles uploaded into their database.
1) Click on the top left hand corner after opening Cura.
2) Next, you want to click on "Add a non-networked printer" and then choose Custom FFF printer.
Give your Machine a name and then click Add
3) Set up your machine using the follow settings and parameters. After you're done, click on Extruder 1
4) Change Compatible material diameter to 1.75mm and click Next. That's all! Now your new KAY3D's CoreXY machine settings is stored in Cura. Next, on to the print profiles and start testing them out!
Download Profile for PLA
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.2mm Normal] v1.2 here.
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.2mm Fast] v1.1 here.
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.3mm Super Fast v1.0 here.
Download Profile for PETG
Download PETG [Layer Height 0.2mm Normal] v1.0 here.
How to install print profiles for Cura Slicer:
1) Open up Cura on your computer and head to the top right corner and click on Profile. Then click on Manage Profiles
2) Click on Import
3) Choose the Cura Profile you have downloaded and import them in and that's it! Your new downloaded slicer settings from us will be ready for immediate use!
What do you need to do before you can start printing:
1) Print Settings. If you are using the PLA profile, you want to be printing PLA. If you are printing i.e. PETG using the PLA profile, it may not work as PETG has very different melted characteristics when compared to PLA. So choose the correct profile base don the material you are 3D printing.
2) Temperature of Hotend and Heated Bed. If you do not know the specific temperature of your hotend or heated bed, you'll be safe going with the defaults. But if you know them, change the values under "Filament Settings".
3) Are you using a direct drive? If yes, you have to change the retraction values. You can find values using Cura's search function - Look for "Retraction" and change "Retraction Distance"