These profiles below are available for download and are only configured for KAY3D's CoreXY Conversion Kit based on the Ender 3 or 5 Series only.
If you have another machine, you may need to define and make certain changes in the settings.
Download Profile for PLA
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.2mm Normal] v1.2 here.
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.2mm Fast] v1.1 here.
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.3mm Super Fast v1.0 here.
Download PLA [Layer Height 0.15mm Detailed] here.
Download Profile for PETG
Download PETG [Layer Height 0.2mm Normal] v1.0 here.
Prusa Slicer Bed Profile
This is the bed overlay used in our Config bundles. You don't have to install it separately if you are using our Confi bundles.
If you prefer, you can also have another overlay.
You can download this overlay here.
To install these overlays; please follow the procedures below:
1. Click Printer Settings
2. Click Set
3. Load the image file you downloaded
4. Load the .STL file you downloaded
5. Hit OK and your heated bed render would be ready in your 'Plater'
How to install print profiles for Prusa Slicer:
1) Open up Prusa Slicer on your computer.
2) File -> Import -> Import Config Bundle ... and choose the .ini file you downloaded above.
If an error pops up with "0 presets imported", try using "Import Config ..." instead.
3) If you have a KAY3D CoreXY Conversion Kit based on a stock Ender 3, then you don't have to change much settings and can possible start slicing and printing unless you want to change the temperatures of the hotend and heated bed.
What do you need to do before you can start printing:
1) Print Settings. If you are using the PLA profile, you want to be printing PLA. If you are printing i.e. PETG using the PLA profile, it may not work as PETG has very different melted characteristics when compared to PLA. So choose the correct profile base don the material you are 3D printing.
2) Temperature of Hotend and Heated Bed. If you do not know the specific temperature of your hotend or heated bed, you'll be safe going with the defaults. But if you know them, change the values under "Filament Settings".
3) Are you using a direct drive? If yes, you have to change the retraction values. You can find values in "Printer Settings -> Extruder 1 -> Length/ Retraction/ Deretraction Speeds". Otherwise, you can leave it as is.